The Social Network Importer for NodeXL is a new graph data provider for NodeXL which allow users to directly download and import different MediaWiki networks.
It is developed in C#.
Help support the NodeXL data importer for MediaWiki Networks!
Help support the continued development of NodeXL data importers with your donation to the Social Media
Research Foundation's NodeXL project fund.
Easily import networks from MediaWikis with the newly updated WikiImporter forNodeXL (For information about NodeXL, see: http://nodexl.codeplex.com).
The MediaWiki importer for NodeXL extracts social networks from common Wiki pages to reveal the connected structure of interactions among editors.
- Insert a seed article which you want to parse
- Insert the wiki domain URL where the article is found
- Select the attributes you want to download
- Check which type of network you want to download
- The Hyperlink Coauthorship network will analyze all the links found in the
seed article and create an edge between each user that edited the article found in that link and the article
- The Category Coauthorship network will analyze all the categories that the
seed article belongs to and will create an edge between each user that edited the articles in this category and the article.
- Check the appropriate option for you and click